What Is The Zap Patch?
The Zap Patch is the first ever interactive patch that does a whole lot more than just look good. The patch contains special NFC technology which is a wireless transmitting chip used for smartphones.
The Zap Patch offers the owner the ability to encode with their smartphone any desired link to a social profile, website, video and it can also can provide contact information, files and locations. When someone then taps their phone on the Zap Patch, whatever link or action has been coded in to the Zap Patch will trigger the smartphone to open that link on their phone. This makes promoting just about anything incredibly easy and brings the whole Airsoft World much closer together.
The Zap Patch is handmade in the U.K. by our manufacturer who has worked alongside us since the beginning of this project.
What Variants Did We Make?
- Black (Multicam Black)
- Alpine (Multicam Alpine)
- Tropic (Multicam Tropic)
Design & Benefits
During the designing process, we incorporated an outer layer of hook & loop on the front facing side of the patch around the perimeter. This means that if someone or a team already has a customised patch, they can attach it on top of the Zap Patch and it will still work as normal when someone taps their phone on it. Essentially making the Zap Patch a divider as well. However, the cool design means it looks good on its own as well.
To fully grasp the full potential of this product, I have compiled some of the most beneficial uses for the Zap Patch for individuals, teams, companies and businesses. Please see them below:
- Promotion of a personal social media page or forum: Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook, YouTube, Pinterest, Twitter, LinkedIn, Twitch, Soundcloud, Podcast, Skype, Reddit, Steam, VK, Flickr, TikTok and most others.
- Promotion of teams. Get people to join your team or promote the team you are a part of by encoding contact information or the team’s social media page to grow the audience or recruit new members.
- Promotion of sponsors. This allows you to promote your sponsor’s items and website if you are an ambassador for a company or brand.
- Promote your own website and company if you’re a business owner or staff. New product launches or special discounts for new items can be encoded so you can promote yourself at games or events or even in your own shop.
- You can offer ambassadors the option to join an affiliate marketing program and use the Zap Patch as a unique marketing tool people can make money with. You could do this by setting up a unique link for the ambassador and paying them a percentage of any sale made using that link. It gives the users the chance to make money and be active influencers for your company with word of mouth guaranteed when they are at games and events.
- Site owners and Marshalls can encode a file in to the Zap Patch that contains gamemode information for players who forget what the rules are or how to play the current game. They can tap their phone on the Zap Patch and remind themselves with a digital set of the rules. Whether this is placed on the Marshall’s equipment or on your own gear, it’s always helpful to have a reminder in case you forget what you’re playing or the specific rules and time limits.
- Game Site owners and Marshalls can promote unique events and give promotional deals on following games for people who tap on the Zap Patch. This could also be applied to making players members of the site by encoding a membership form that could work as a loyalty style discount per game they play in future.
- Site owners can encode an image or link that opens a map of the game area using google earth or other methods. Players can get their bearings without the use of a traditional map or memory alone simply by tapping their own Zap Patch or on a Marshall’s Zap Patch.
Praise & Achievements Of The Zap Patch?
Since we initially released the Zap Patch, it has been sent out to countries all over the world, featured on the gear of the largest influencers in our sport
- Event sign in. Count the numbers quickly so you can issue players a team and know how many players are on each team by assigning them a colour as soon as the Zap Patch is tapped. (This would require a special website being set up).
- Take wireless on the day payments, pay to play using your phone and send money to the game site by tapping on a Marshall or official’s Zap Patch. It doesn’t have to be complex, the site would need to set up a PayPal account or bank information and put the payment information or bank account information in to the Zap Patch. The player can then send the money on the day when they arrive by tapping on the patch with no cash needed and no pre-payments (an important thing for COVID-19).
BRANDS: iPhone 7 and newer, Samsung, HTC, Nokia, LG, Sony, BlackBerry and all other makes of mobile and tablet with NFC capability. Customers need to ensure they have NFC capable devices prior to purchase.
OS: Android, IOS 11 +, Windows, Blackberry, NFC USB, Bluetooth / internal readers / writers.
2cm + reading distance, can read through another patch on top of it. Trigger pull down link works with iPhone Xs, XR and 11. Also the new IOS update iPhone 7 and on has inbuilt NFC reading. Some devices require an NFC reading app from the AppStore or PlayStore. Re-writeable multiple times (you can change the link as much as you like) and can be locked so the link can’t be changed (after locking cannot be unlocked).